This post contains affiliate links that I earn a very small commission off of at no cost to you.
So it seems like one of my goals every year is to get organized. As a teacher I was SO organized (give me all the perfect cute animal print labels and color coordinated bins that match my theme)! However…my house is a different story. We have a VERY small pantry- definitely not walk in, and it is my least favorite. Because our pantry is so small we do have some big pantry cabinets next to the fridge where I store overflow items but they would be way easier if the selves were pull out drawers (but that’s a project for another day/year)
Ripping off the bandaid here is the before picture…..
Mind you without organization my toddler goes in there (we do have a pantry lock that we forget to use A LOT) and pulls out white claws and pretends to drink them (parents of the year) We are also missing a bottom shelf that was damaged in a house flood we had last year. We just never replaced it and use it for bigger items.
I knew I wanted perfect Rae Dunn inspired labels (because who doesn’t??) I made all of the labels on my cricut using the font “The Skinny” which is a free download from dafont.com
Here’s how the tiniest pantry ever makeover went down:
- Measure the space to see how many white bins/canisters I needed
- Group food into categories for said bins
- Design labels and cut on my cricut machine
- Apply labels at 11 pm at night because you are determined to finish this project.
- Have to re-cut at least 3 labels…because you were tired and messed them up (story of my fricken life)
- Stand back and admire perfect pantry and hope it stays this way for at least a week!
Ready for the AFTER???
I got all the products for our pantry makeover from Ikea, but found similar products on amazon.
Click any of the pictures to check them out on Amazon
& check in with me in a month…to see if it still looks like this (wishful thinking!)